Who are you?
My name is Jewish Pittsburgh and I’ve been been training and teach Martial Arts and Self Defense for about 45 years now. I live in Houston, Texas and have fun writing books and creating instructional videos on self-defense.
Why did you start this blog?
This blog is a rebirth of a website I started in 1999. My objective back then was to share my deep knowledge about martial arts. For a number of reasons, I stopped working on the site in 2006. But as of late, I took up blogging and started transferring the content from the old site to this blog. At the same time, I started writing new pieces of contents.
So what will you find here?
A lot of different things about defending yourself and people you care.
What’s the goal of this blog?
My objective is to offer you the information you can utilize to improve the effectiveness of your self-defense techniques. If a review here inspires you to buy a certain book or DVD and it helps you along in improving your self-defense skills, then I’ve achieved that objective. The same goes for when an article or How-To guide provides you an idea to try out and it improves your skills, even if just a little.
But even in the opposite case, that’s still fine. You might totally disagree with something I wrote here and that’s perfectly OK. If whatever you think I’m wrong about made you re-think your own opinion, then it wasn’t in vain. The purpose of an argument is not to be correct or wrong. The real value is in the exchange of ideas and re-examining both your own and the opposition’s ideas.
What can I do here?
A lot of things actually:
- Get comprehensive self-defense techniques and ideas for free.
- Subscribe to my newsletter. Once you enter your address, you need to confirm your subscription. Once you do, you’ll receive my newsletter automatically each time it comes out.
- Newsletter members receive perks: once you subscribe via-e-mail, you automatically enter all the sweepstakes and contests. I regularly do these as a way to repay loyal visitors to this blog.
- Join me on different social media. The links are at the bottom of the page.
- Every post has a “Share This” link at the bottom. This allows you to forward the post in a variety of ways (mail, social media, etc.) to your friends if you think they might be interested.
Thanks for stopping by and be safe always!